Protect Your Composite Decks: Tips for Keeping Your Deck Looking New Throughout the Year
A deck is more than just an extension of your living space.
It’s the entryway into your home where long and joyful hours are spent with friends and family. For that reason, your deck should be in perfect condition all through the year.
Many homeowners prefer composite decking because it is durable, it won’t splinter, and – more importantly – it requires very little maintenance. What’s more, NewTechWood composite decks come in a variety of colors and textures to meet every customer’s preferences.
Easy Composite Deck Care and Maintenance Tips
Even though composite decking is durable, it’s advisable to clean and maintain it regularly. You can’t be comfortable on a dirty deck, can you?
Here are six easy ways to maintain the beauty of your deck:
1. Clean Food Debris Immediately
NewTechWood’s composite decks are engineered and designed to resist the growth of molds and mildew that can flare up allergies and spread illnesses. For mold to thrive, it needs a consistent supply of moisture, oxygen, and organic food.
Though the mold can’t grow on the composite, it will survive on the food debris and other organic materials you leave on the deck.
Keeping your deck’s surface clean and well-drained will prevent the growth of these harmful fungi.
2. Don’t Use Shovels or Sharp Edges to Remove Snow
During the winter season, a lot of homeowners usually have a hard time scooping snow off their decks. While this is necessary, using shovels will etch your surface of the composite deck and this may cause permanent damage.
Instead of a shovel, use calcium chloride to remove ice and snow from your deck. It’s easier and safer for your deck.
3. Prevent Tannins
Tannins usually form when organic materials get stuck in between the gaps of a deck. As a result, water may start to pool under it.
You can easily reduce the chances of tannins on your deck by clearing the gaps using a soft broom, spatula, or hose.
4. Be Extra Cautious with Fire
Composite is known to retain heat. This means that direct or indirect sources of fires, such as barbecue grills, fire pits, and fireplaces, can damage the surface of your composite deck.
Ensure that there is no source of fire near your deck.
5. Remove Oil and Grease Spills Promptly
Often, composite decks come with a warranty. However, you might void your warranty if you do not clean off oil and grease stains.
To effectively clean these types of spills, use a soft non-metal scrub brush and some warm soapy water. Also, you can check with NewTechWood for the appropriate products to use. We are always happy to help.
6. Inspect Your Deck
Schedule a deck inspection at least once or twice a year and be sure to keep an eye out for cracks, loose boards, mold growth, loose screws, protruding nails, split boards, and any other issues that may require repair.
With NewTechWood composite decking, however, you don’t need to worry about issues such as mold growth, cracking, and termites.
Composite Decking Care and Maintenance Made Easier with NewTechWood UltraShield Naturale
For durability and performance, you can always count onNewTechWood UltraShield Naturale. It is easy to maintain, requires no staining, is mold- and insect-resistant, and comes in different beautiful colors that you’ll just love. Get one today!
And if you have your NewTechWood deck already installed, use these simple care and maintenance and enjoy the soul-soothing sunshine on your deck all year long.
- How Composite Siding Is Different From Composite Decking
- Companies Partner With NewTechWood to Create Greener Buildings
- Top 8 Exterior Wall Cladding Ideas
- Composite Siding vs. Vinyl Siding
- Composite vs. Wood: Which Builds the Better Deck?
- How to Install a Composite Raised Garden
- arnold palmer invitational golf tournament
- Can you work with composites the same way you work with timber
- NewTechWood Shines at an Architect Seminar in Malaga Spain
- Natural-Looking Wood Composite Right for Any Project
- 2 HIDDEN COSTS OF PRESSURED-TREATED WOOD DECKING
- NEWTECHWOOD PARTICIPATED IN THE BIGGEST SPOGA GAFA EVER
- WHY BUILDERS CHOOSE NEWTECHWOOD
- Protect Your Composite Decks: Tips for Keeping Your Deck Looking New Throughout the Year
- ANTIQUE PATIO DECKING
- NORWAY TERRACE DECKING
- GREEN LABEL SINGAPORE
- ULTRASHIELD WALL PANEL
- HOLLOW VS. SOLID BOARDS